Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Final Procrastination

Eleven finals down, one to go. This has been the most intense 2 weeks of school I have ever really gone through. It is difficult to compare to anything else because you get so numb to studying all day that you don’t even remember ‘normal.’

The plus side is that I have done pretty well, the verdict is still out in a few courses, but I should be doing about the same as last semester if not better which is plenty good enough for me and definitely not closing the door for specializing in the future (although I am most likely going to go general).

All that is left is histology, and I followed my own advice from a previous post about nailing the first few exams so I have a lot of leeway. Of course, bombing a histo test is pretty easy if you don’t study so I definitely can’t slack off THAT much. However, it is nice to know there is only one left and I survived everything while maintaining my sanity (most of the time).

Back to that post, it really does make a world of difference if you know you have some wiggle room on finals. It lets you allocate time where it is needed and minimizes pointless studying.

Finals week and studying is very much like trying to push back the ocean with a broom. There just is not enough time in the day. You need to study one topic for an hour, jump to another, and another, and so forth. I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to do well in classes BEFORE finals.

I survived so far…and don’t foresee a massive choke on histo, but stranger things have happened. I have been working on a final post about the D-1 year, so you can all look forward to that sometime next week.

I apologize for being lazy with emails, I hope to get better next semester.

Good luck to anyone taking finals and to all the new applicants.

Back to the table of knowledge I go