Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Get Me Outta Here!

Great email this morning:

"Mandatory Phone-Triage sign up for D-4 Students."

So basically I have to come in at 8:30am and be an amazing dentist...and by dentist I mean secretary. Yes folks you heard correctly, I will be 215,000 dollars in debt for this education and what do they have me doing?

Answering phones. Not diagnosing, just setting up appointments. I'll just leave it at that.

In other news. My girlfiend (who is also about to become a dentist) just had her first job interview. A word of advice to dentists looking to hire associates. Look at their resume before you invite them for an interview. Or better yet, actually read the email/letter of interest that they send you.

Basically she got invited to an interview and the potential employer didn't seem to realize she was a dental student until she got there. I mean, it isn't like that sort of thing isn't advertised on her resume and job-inquiry email. The dentist was looking for someone to start next week and take over for another associate going on maternity leave.

Poor form, really poor form. Seeing as I drove, that was a wasted 2 hours of my life. That is definitely a practice I won't be looking at in the future. But hey, we all learned a valuable lesson. Actually look at someone's resume before you consider interviewing them. Not that I already didn't know that...but I guess a real life reminder doesn't hurt.

Bleh.