Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Update

Not dead yet folks, just busy.

The last few weeks have been full but I'll be blatantly honest - I got into the starcraft 2 beta test. If you don't know what that is, good - you are not a gaming nerd. It is my curse to bear. I am enjoying the bearing of it though. As a side effect however, this blog has unfortunately been tossed onto the backburner once again because I only have so much time for solo hobbies.

School has been great overall. I continue to improve in both my technical ability, as well as my overall confidence/comfort level in dealing with patients, students and faculty. I officially am going on this '2x2' rotation set-up and it starts in June. Unfortunately, I still have no idea where I will be going. I know which sites I 'could' be going to, but they have not solidified the schedule yet. I paired up with a classmate in my clinic and we both have POS automobiles...so hopefully between the two of us, we will make it through the year. Keeping the fingers and toes crossed on that one.

So today I just hammered out two case presentations. The first one was a restorative case and the second was pedo. They both went really well and I am happy to be done. Like most people, I am not a big fan of delivering presentations, it is simply uncomfortable getting stared at for so long. However, there is no greater feeling in the world than walking out of the building on a beautiful sunny friday afternoon and being done.

Ah yes, the weather is finally staying nice. I promise two in depth posts prior to my D-4 year. Expect a final D-3 experience as well as some sort of breakdown of my rotation schedule (assuming they provide it soon).

I am going to be a D-4 in three weeks.

Crazy? Yes.