Once you become desensitized to the crop of uninformed-know-it-alls that exist, SDN becomes a viable resource. You simply need to know how to sift through the loads of manure and find what you want. Here are a few tips to surviving in the jungle:
1) Don’t feed trolls. If you don’t know what a troll is, you shouldn’t be on an online forum.
2) USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION. Enough said.
3) Don’t presume what you know to be fact, we are all clueless
4) Learn to not let others convince you that they are speaking facts without citation
5) Put on your sarcasm defense suit or you may suffocate amidst the nerdy realm of pre-professionals and their collective rapier-like wit. Notice the sarcasm? That was training.
6) Please re-read number 2 a few times.
If you follow this guide, you will actually find SDN to be fairly useful in certain instances.